Friday, March 15, 2013

creepy pe people

i was on my way to the office the other day after school to make some copies for orchestra, when i passed this guy in my PE class (who i had talked to like one time ever)...

GUY:  Hey, how are you?
ME:  Mm... pretty good, how are you?
GUY:  I'm good.  Where are you going?
ME:  I'm going to the office.  I have to make some copies.
GUY:  Mind if I walk with you?
Really???
ME:  Um... I guess you can if you want to.
GUY:  Why not?
Dude, what are you doing?  Really?

he clarified my name (pronouncing it incorrectly), so i corrected him, and when he seemed bummed that he got it wrong, i told him most people did.  and he introduced himself.  he then proceeded to tell me how he almost got hit by a car that day because he was jaywalking.  he still seemed surprised, though he admitted that it was kind of stupid.  i don't think i said much; what was i going to say, "Yeah that was pretty dumb,"?  anyway,  we were just kinda making small talk as i walked to the office.  he turned as though he were going to go somewhere.

GUY:  Well, I would ask for your number...
Whoa... hold on.  What!!??!?!?!?!
GUY(cont.): ...but I'm actually grounded right now.  Maybe another time?
Umm.... maybe not!!
ME:  Well, you can ask.
GUY:  Oh, but I might not get it?
ME:  Maybe not.
GUY: Oh, ok, well I'll see you later! (He actually turned to leave this time)
ME:  See you!

nothing personal.  i would say that to anyone.  that was so weird though.  even weirder than the time a girl in my PE class asked about my heritage, then told me that i had a "voluptuous tush."  PE is a scary place, full of scary people.  i'm glad i don't have to take it again after this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment