When his eyes opened, Albus was standing in the middle of a busy walkway. The brick walls, the layout, and the many platforms looked so familiar. He realized that it was King's Cross Station, and a wave of intense relief flooded over him. As he looked around, he noticed Professor Snape standing a few meters away.
"Thought I had betrayed you, did you Potter?" he said sternly, though the softened expression in his eyes told Albus that the man was not really upset.
Albus threw back, "Well sir, for all I know you could have been among the traitors as well."
Snape looked at him thoughtfully. "No, Potter. I may have committed many a crime, but for now, my place is here. Hopefully this journey will help absolve some of the evil which I have had a hand in making." Momentarily, a remorseful look crossed his face, but then he said, "Well, we must be off. Your journey is not yet complete, after all." He strode off toward Platform 9 3/4. Eyes wide, Albus rushed after him into the bustling crowd.
~ ~ ~
THE END . . . ?
No comments:
Post a Comment