The travelers tipped over the edge again, this time landing in a much less quiet tier. The pool in the tier was so deep that its inhabitants were swimming in it, trying to stay afloat with as much of their body out of the potion as possible. As soon as the boat landed in the pool, a mass of the souls began swimming toward it. Snape rowed faster, but an odd-looking man with scraggly white hair still caught up with them.
"NOOO! PLEASE HELP! Don't leave me here! Please!"
"Lovegood, kindly detach yourself from this vessel," Snape said calmly.
"No, wait Professor. Why is he here?" Albus asked.
Lovegood looked at Albus gratefully. "I took in the famous Harry Potter, along with two of his friends, to explain to them about the Deathly Hallows in their time of need. I didn't want to do it, but they insisted. The Death Eaters had taken my Luna, but they promised to free her if I handed in Harry Potter. And here he was, walking up to my doorstep of his own free will. So I contacted them to tell them I had him. It would have been perfect, except that they escaped just in time." At that moment, a few other traitors had caught up and grabbed onto Lovegood. Their extra weight, combined with Snape's vigorous rowing, was too much for Lovegood's grip, and he finally let go.
Rowing away, Albus asked, "Sir, what happens if the people here actually drown?
Snape replied, "They never fully drown, for the moment the potion enters their lungs, it vaporizes and enters their bloodstream with oxygen. These people have betrayed their own guests or hosts, and so now they are left not with death, but with the shame and agony of their worst memories."
No comments:
Post a Comment