Thursday, May 19, 2016

sfftmom: tier 2--antenora

The second tier had pooled deeper; now those who made it up lay down in the potion, fully immersed except for their eyes and mouth.  Though the souls were constrained to their horizontal position, their faces still expressed the full agony of their worst memories, even more than those in the previous tier.  The inhabitants cried out and tears bubbled up from their eyes, collecting at the surface of the potion.
"Traitors to their party or country," Snape explained.
One man with a grey beard and blackish-grey hair spouted out words of defense: "No really, I didn't . . . I was never involved I swear . . . I can give you their names . . . No! I would never . . . I revealed nothing!"
"Igor Karkaroff, former headmaster of Durmstrang Institute.  Before his years as headmaster, he was a Death Eater.  He got back into the good graces of the public--and bad graces with the Dark Lord--when he revealed the identities of most of the undercover Death Eaters who were working to further the Dark Lord's regime after his disappearance.  Once the Dark Lord returned, Karkaroff fled."
As they passed Karkaroff, Albus noticed a black symbol on Karkaroff's left arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment